Sunday, July 26, 2015

Hi Everyone.
I hope you are all enjoying the summer.

I have been busy writing and crocheting samples for the book. I think you are all going to love the new designs! It' been a lot of hard work but I am having a blast. I'll be able to share more with you soon.

I received two emails this week about the Bella Shrug. It seems that there is some confusion about the assembly once the rectangle is complete. I uploaded a revised version of the PDF to both Ravelry and Craftsy, but I thought I would add the new schematic and revised instructions here also.

Repeat rows 8-11 until the piece measures 27 (28, 29, 30) inches. End with a row 11.

Work 6 rows of sc. Fasten off.


With wrong side facing, fold lengthwise. Measure & pin 8.5 inches on both of the shorter ends to form sleeves.  Seam the ends together using your preferred method. For the sample I used slip stitch crochet. 

I hope that helps clarify the construction. The "cuffs" mentioned in the previous version are simply the 6 rows of sc that are at the beginning and end of the rectangle. If you are still having problems just send me an email. I am basically working two jobs at the moment so it may take me a few days to get back to you, but I will try and answer as quickly as I can.

Finally, I have been reading the George Smiley series by John le Carre on my commute to and from the hospital. It's outstanding. If you love mysteries and thrillers don't miss these wonderful novels. I don't even mind if the trains are delayed because it gives me a few more minutes to read!

More soon...

Happy Crocheting,
Kristina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina,
    I made the "Bella Shrug" and I followed all the instructions as you had them. I just had to use a larger crochet hook to get the correct gage. I followed the instructions to make a medium sized shrug. When I finished, my shrug is only big enough to fit a 5 or 6 year old child. Any ideas as to what I could have done wrong.

    Thank you,
    Sandy C.

    ReplyDelete