Tuesday, March 15, 2016

New Free Patterns!

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted on here. That is one stubborn case of writer's block when it comes to this blog. I don't believe in New Years resolutions but if I did, posting more consistently would have definitely been one of them.

I have been very busy playing with yarn and creating a new website. The new patterns will be rolling out over the next week or so but a bunch of them are already up on Ravelry & Craftsy. Here are three of them.

Alice's Shawl is made with Cascade 220 yarn, 5 skeins of Color 7802 - Cerise. It's one of the first things I designed officially and it was named after my stepmother. I even entered it in a design contest but I didn't win. I still love this shawl though and I hope you do too.



Cassandra's Mitts take their name from one of my all time favorite short stories -"The Thing About Cassandra"- from one of my favorite writers, Neil Gaiman. The story is in his book Trigger Warnings, now out in paperback. Check it out. You can wear these mitts while you are reading!

I made the sample with Valley Yarns Haydenville, Color 21- Yellow, available from WEBS

.

Bergy's Infinity Scarf is the companion to the Bergy Slouchy hat, named after Patrice Bergeron of the Boston Bruins. It's made entirely with single crochet in Valley Yarns Northfield, Colors Summer Plum & Avacado, also available at WEBS. Go Bs!


I'll have more on the new website, lots of new free patterns, posts about yarn stashes, creativity & some brilliant books I have been reading. Stay tuned!

Kristina

2 comments:

  1. On kissesslochy hat row 20 could you please explain how to do the 2hdctog over next 2hdc. I got lost there and sts are coming out to 60 as stated should be. Thank you for your time in this matter

    ReplyDelete
  2. On kissesslochy hat row 20 could you please explain how to do the 2hdctog over next 2hdc. I got lost there and sts are coming out to 60 as stated should be. Thank you for your time in this matter

    ReplyDelete