Sunday, July 17, 2016

Lillian's Crochet Collar




I love vintage patterns. I have a large collection of both knitting and crochet patterns and I love looking through them for inspiration. Actually making an item from the written instructions in those booklets however can be quite a challenge. Especially this particular pattern. One of the reasons I choose to recreate this one was because it was barely more than a sketch and a paragraph of instructions. That's it! I was curious to see what it was going to be.

The pattern is part of a publication from Australia entitled  Busy Fingers VOL 1 NUMBER 1.

Most of the patterns in this booklet are for knitting but this caught my eye in the corner. This is the original pattern:


I think my favorite part is the part about hook size. "1 medium size Crochet Hook."  What the heck is considered a medium crochet hook? It also never mentions that this should be worked in the round!

There isn't a date anywhere in the booklet but I am guessing this is from the 1950s.

I tried to stay as faithful as I could to the original. You can download my version on Ravelry & Craftsy. It's a free pattern!

Happy Crocheting!

Kristina


1 comment:

  1. Great job! Oh and congrats on having your designs being featured in magazines! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete