Sunday, March 20, 2016

More Free Patterns!

It's a grey Sunday afternoon here in Boston. Both of my roommates are sick, and we are expecting 4-8 inches of snow overnight tonight, so I am hiding in my bedroom working on all things yarn, trying not to get too worked up about how hideous my morning commute into work is going to be.

This post is mostly pictorial. I have some yarn sitting beside me waiting to be swatched. Hopefully those swatches will grow up into beautiful shawls that I can share with you over the next few weeks. There is one shawl I am working on right now I can't wait to release. It's been a joy to design and make. Shawls are going to be the hot accessory this spring and summer and I have a few that are right on trend.

I posted three new patterns on Ravelry yesterday and they went up on Craftsy this morning. The Copley Square Fingerless Mitts, the Copley Square Hat and the Copley Square Cowl. All three are free and they are beginner friendly. I stitched them in Valley Yarns Northampton, using the colors Stratosphere & Deep Periwinkle. It creates a warm, but not too hot, set that is perfect for the transitional weather of spring & fall.





Two more free patterns are coming in the next few days. The Arlington Clutch and the Heart of Glass Hat. I'll let you know as soon as those are up.

I thought I'd share with you a behind the scenes look at my work. I was shooting pics of the the Copley Square Cowl and this is a wider view:


Necessary items for all photoshoots; a cat, an x-large dunkin' donuts coffee, a vitamin water, a makeshift light box and a small box of yarn in the corner. The only thing missing are the cupcakes!


Lastly, I tweeted about the Cassandra Mitts and mentioned that they were named after the character in Neil Gaiman's short story "The Thing About Cassandra". Mr. Gaiman responded to my tweet and wrote "how cool".  I was so dorky excited it was really embarrassing. It's a very wonderful thing when someone you admire artistically -he is one of my favorite writers- turns out to be a kind, thoughtful human being too. So go buy one of his books! 

I'm finishing up Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. More on that in the next post!
Kristina

3 comments:

  1. Can you please tell me where I can find the pattern for the Bella shrug, It is so cute, I have looked every where, can you help me find it. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please tell me where I can find the pattern for the Bella shrug, It is so cute, I have looked every where, can you help me find it. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    For the time being I am no longer distributing the Bella Shrug. I don't know right now if I will offer it again. Sorry.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete